I don’t have a good track record in shipping, which in this context means the romantic pairing you favour in a given work of fiction. My tastes don’t seem to align with the majority, as this list of failed non-canonical ships should attest.
- Zutara (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- Harry/Luna (Harry Potter)
- Haruto/Rukino (Valvrave the Liberator)
- Akihito/Mitsuki (Beyond the Boundary)
For comparison, Ships that Sailed:
- Ranma/Akane (Ranma 1/2)
- Edward/Winry (Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
I still think those failed ships were more narratively interesting than the ones that happened in canon. Ah well, such is life.